Monday 21 February 2011

happiness sits at my doorstep


happiness sits at my doorstep,
summons,
yet I remain housebound
stayin’ in for a while longer
until I feel stronger

I realize she, at my doorstep, is elusive
fleeting
she is not mine to possess,
tempted as I am to possess her

[the one I seek, seeks me
she will flow through me
course 
through my veins
intimately
embrace my pains]

my neighbour’s name leaves her lips
frequently;
she calls me too
but not with words
we only exchange pleasantries through my window

suddenly she found the spare key and made her way in!
with wonder and awe,
respect, admiration,
not once mentioning cracks on my walls,
torn carpets and all!

happiness sits at my bedside,
summons,
my heart watches wearily, 
warily,
painfully,
unable
to
reach
out
to
her…

© June 2009, Feb 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment